[T3] Starting Again

matthew n stanfield vw70t3 at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 19 16:31:19 PDT 2018

I was able to spend some time on the Fastback this weekend. I still need
to get a battery. So, I started with the fuel tank. It was rusty inside,
so i pulled it and will check around on Monday to see if i can find
anywhere locally that can clean it out for me.

Inside of Gas Tank
<https://photos.google.com/album/AF1QipPqRcekj92sbXCe9IrgSHHA8N87kYm-n2Mb-04U/photo/AF1QipOUNouRZ4WeVyFTyCIgSPyIBKAeMsUEkqMEfygG>

I also checked the distributor. It was seated properly. I turned the
engine until the rotor was pointing to the mark for the #1 cylinder and
pulled the distributor to send to Jim for rebuild, per the advice of
some others on this list. I checked the orientation of the drive shaft,
and it still looks correct to me. In the image link below, the generator
is to the right and the fan to the bottom of the image.

Rotor at Mark for #1
<https://photos.google.com/album/AF1QipPqRcekj92sbXCe9IrgSHHA8N87kYm-n2Mb-04U/photo/AF1QipMDBPYatDp8R0FNL5MIjWCTlG7jznkxrHubPDF6>
Distributor Drive Shaft Orientation
<https://photos.google.com/album/AF1QipPqRcekj92sbXCe9IrgSHHA8N87kYm-n2Mb-04U/photo/AF1QipM-hXik4jzrQJgYKZiPqzQyv5qAwi9bmro2fZ1Y>

So not much real progress, but it was nice to be crawl around the car
and unbolt a few things.
--
matthew n stanfield
1970 VW FastBack