[T3] Giving up Stock FI

Keith Park topnotch at nycap.rr.com
Thu Dec 20 17:19:52 PST 2018

Now that I have everyone's attention, List has been too quiet, certainly
something must be going on in the salt-free zones.

Im not REALLY ditching Djet, at least not yet but:

Question for those that have squirted their T3 or T4 base engines:  What gas
mileage do you get and under what conditions?
with the 2056 Ive found that with the vac sig I have now it's a very
non-linear response with the D Jet, there is a very lean spot

At about a third throttle, and very rich spot with very light throttle, just
how lean or rich is up to speculation due to the location of

The sensor, stock exhaust, sequential injection etc. but on the highway when
it its in that lean zone gas mileage is not too bad, 22-23

At 70.  Around down when your on that rich spot more often and not often in
the lean zone it's a gas pig.

I imagine the closed loop systems smooth out the curve considerably, but
what does that produce in gas mileage?

And BTW, now that im putting hi-test in the Square im more aware of it but
are there any other parts of the country that are

Gouging the high test customers?  I have a station here in NY that's
wondered down steadily to about 2.45/gal but the 92 octane

Is still at the summer high of 3.35, its SUPPOSED to be 30 to 40 cents more,
not nearly a dollar!  That hurts!  Anybody else

Feeling the good gas pain?