[T3] 1970 Fastback FI won't start

Mike Fisher fisherfarms at gmail.com
Wed Feb 14 11:53:33 PST 2018

Unbolt your pairs of injectors & watch their spray patterns above the
engine.  If all 4 spray patterns look the same then it must be electrical?
You'll need a $5 Remote Starter Button from Harbor Freight if you are
working alone, which I prefer!

On Wed, Feb 14, 2018 at 11:29 AM, Dorough, Don CIV, NPPSC N3/PSD Pensacola <
don.dorough at navy.mil> wrote:

> Hey Guys,
>
> I could use some help.  I have a 1970 Fastback (still F/I) and it stopped
> starting.
> Here is what I have troubleshot so far and what I know:
> I have a new battery, charged up
> Fresh gas in tank
> Fuel pressure is about 30 - 32 without the engine running, but key on.  I
> believe it will drop down to 28psi once it starts
> (I can hear the gas circulating in the fuel rail and back to the tank)
> The plugs and points are cleaned and gapped property.  I have good spark.
>
> The engine will "fire" for a few seconds if I use engine start fluid in
> the plenum.  But it won't stay running.
>
> What do I look for next?
>
> I'm beginning to worry that it is a ECU problem, but I'm hoping not.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Don

Eugene, Oregon

http://s169.photobucket.com/albums/u236/mr_bojangles500/