[T3] 1970 Fastback FI won't start

Gary Forsmo gbforsmo at gmail.com
Sun Feb 18 10:21:31 PST 2018

This thread has been very educational to me.  I trust it hasn't been too
"basic" for others.

   1. So where is the physical location of the Rear Window Defroster Relay
   on the:
   - '69 - '73 ? ... and
      - IF the pre-1969 Type 3's had a R.W.D.R., where was it located?
   2. ... why did you decide to install two batteries?
   3. Re:  the two "clicks".  IIRC, Jim and I checked 8 or 10 his extra
   "brains" by swapping them out, one at a time, for him to determine which
   ones were
      - producing the two clicks?
         - would function properly when installed in another Type 3?
      - Was that only the only way to determine if the brains were
      functioning correctly?
   4. I'm also thankful for having Jim install the 3-position Fuel Pump
   Switch.
      - Center position for "normal" operation.
      - Forward Position to disable the Fuel Pump (a potential car "thief"
      won't be able to start the engine) is a safety issue when the
car is parked
      in a "questionable" area.
      - The spring-loaded Rear Position to run the Fuel Pump and pressurize
      the fuel ring.   It also saves wear-'n-tear on the Ignition Switch by
      repeatedly turning it to the Start Position and listening for the two
      clicks until the engine starts.

--
Gary "Frito" - '69 Squareback, FI, MT, One-owner
Rockport, TX (winter)

<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>