[T3] 1970 Fastback FI won't start

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Fri Feb 16 14:47:38 PST 2018

On 16 Feb 2018 at 13:30, Gary Forsmo wrote:

> Aha ... two different parts located in two different locations?
>
> So ...........
> A.) under the rear seat on the LHS (driver's side) is the:
>
>    1. Main Power Relay, and
>    2. Voltage Regulator (IIRC)
>    3. Anything other parts in that location?

Rear window defroster relay '69-'73

I originally installed my Delta CDIs (Capacitive Discharge Ignition) in that
cubbyhole, but that was way too much trouble and I got in trouble when
water got in there, when the car was old and no longer waterproof.

And, with some creativity, a second battery, in parallel to the first.

> B.) but the Fuel Pump Relay is under the dash, mounted to the "firewall",
> left of the steering column.
> Got it.
>
> My hearing has been somewhat compromised since 2001 after I had 2 ear
> operations.  Determining the direction of where sounds are coming from, is
> sometimes confusing to my brain.

I can't hear the direction either, probably because the first click comes from
both directions at once. And quick sounds are often hard to directionalize.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org