[T3] Tooling for Rebuilding Type 3 Parts

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Tue Jan 2 08:32:50 PST 2018

On 1 Jan 2018 at 22:13, rdavid at rochester.rr.com wrote:

> A little "behind the scenes" peek into the craftsman's toolbox. Very cool
> tools, Jim!

I was hoping some of you would enjoy it. Have you tried figuring out what
each tool does? Most of them are pretty specific, and one tool in the fuel
pump tools photo is actually for L-jetronic (Type 1 FI) pumps.

I actually had to take the distributor tools photo 4 times, because I kept
forgetting something. I suspect the photos are still not complete, and none of
them include standard tools, from hammers and punches, screwdrivers and
wrenches, and hones and whet stones.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org