[T3] First Steps Engine Reassembly

Soren Jacobsen snj at blef.org
Fri Jul 6 22:53:48 PDT 2018

> On Jul 6, 2018, at 9:36 PM, William J <catnine09 at dslextreme.com> wrote:
>
> When early and late oil filler tubes are refered to . Does this mean the early oil fill tube with the draft tube then  you talk about later tubes without the without the nipple . Does later also refer to to 2 cap breather because they don't have that hose nipple either.

Ah, interesting. I've never had my hands on anything later than 1969, so I'm unfamiliar with the 2 cap breathers (although I have one or two NOS small caps that I accidentally bought a few years back).  Looks like I shouldn't be referring to those different filler tube as early and late, because it seems that the "early" tube started being used again starting in 1972.  So really it's more like: 1. early/late and 2. middle.

Early/late filler tube: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/pix/7795720.jpg

Middle filler tube: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/pix/5468893.jpg

Soren