[T3] Drove Hothe tonight.

Keith Park topnotch at nycap.rr.com
Mon Jul 30 18:07:26 PDT 2018

Well I managed to get the muffler on, with some persuasion and a hot wrench.

with the new T4 in it it actually runs alot better than I thought it would
before I start to tune.

This time Im running a T3 048 E brain from a 73 with matching pressure
sensor, modified to adjust.

with the larger 2L injectors the entire curve is richer than stock T3 so I
was hoping it would be "close enough" to tweak in

with the pressure sensor.

Ive only driven it a few miles, the mixture at light to moderate throttle is
reasonable, but when I put my foot down harder

the mixture leans out considerably to and AFR of 15 to 16, kinda like the
opposite of what Id like to see happen and what

happened with the C based system I had on it years ago.

now remind me... what gives the full load enrichment on the stock 73 T3
injection? I remember it being an extra pin

on the throttle switch, but is that it?  you wont hit that till your
floored.

Motor seems a bit "tight" when hot, the cylinders and pistons have 900 miles
on them from the previous build,

how long does it take to "loosen up"?  I dont remember it being so tight...
I can turn it over with a screwdriver

but it sure aint as loose as the last engine was.

Whew!  good to have it back, but I need to get the full load enrichment
figured out.

Topnotch Restorations

topnotch at nycap.rr.com

http://www.topnotchresto.com

71 Squareback  "Hothe"
65 Notchback  "El Baja Rojo"

93 RX7  "Redstur"

95 Chrysler Cirrus Lxi "Cirfogsalot"

"hanging out at the tail end of the bell

curve, and loving every minute of it!"