[T3] Question on my 73 T-3 Square back . Charging system.

William J catnine09 at dslextreme.com
Sun Jul 1 12:53:24 PDT 2018

 In the Bentley electrical system page 25 6.9 they have some test of how to
check for voltage drops if the gen light staying on. Also page 20 there's a
chart . nominal data Max current (amps) 30, mean regulating voltage (volts)
14 , Nominal output speed (rpm) 2000. then test data which I won't type out
here. Point being the gen cut-in speed rpm is 1450. 2.3 times the engine rpm
. Here it states you are connecting the voltmeter from the reg B+
disconnected to ground so this basically rules out any voltage drops also
they state since gen rpm is 2.3 times engine speed @ 850 engine RPM results
in gen rpm of 1950 . I assume 850 rpm is for a standard trans they do not
mention FI or carbs . So @ 2000 rpm engine speed no load voltage test
connected as above Reg B+ voltage should  read 13.5 -14.5 .

 This may or may not be of any help to me or anyone or not.

William