[T3] less than 2 weeks, getting real now!

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Sat Jun 2 12:42:36 PDT 2018

On 2 Jun 2018 at 10:54, Soren Jacobsen wrote:

> I wasn't aware there were different versions of 4 bolt type 3 rims.  Can
> you explain what changed?

Lots of small, minor, changes, probably none of which were documented.

The first ones, in '66, lacked the J-hump that made them suitable for radials.

Then we got J profiles but still with the large hole for the large valve stem
and a small recess in the center disk to clear the valve stem.

Then there we got J-profiles, with small valve stem holes, but still with the
center disk recess.

Then, maybe by the end of '69, we got J-profiles, small valve stem holes, no
center disk recess.

Up until now they were painted black all over.

Starting in '70, J-profiles, small hole, no recess, painted black all over, but
oversprayed silver on the outside, only where the hubcap didn't cover.
Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org