[T3] less than 2 weeks, getting real now!

Soren Jacobsen snj at blef.org
Sun Jun 3 20:55:21 PDT 2018

On 06/02 14:42, Jim Adney wrote:

> Lots of small, minor, changes, probably none of which were documented.
>
> The first ones, in '66, lacked the J-hump that made them suitable for radials.
>
> Then we got J profiles but still with the large hole for the large valve stem
> and a small recess in the center disk to clear the valve stem.
>
> Then there we got J-profiles, with small valve stem holes, but still with the
> center disk recess.
>
> Then, maybe by the end of '69, we got J-profiles, small valve stem holes, no
> center disk recess.
>
> Up until now they were painted black all over.
>
> Starting in '70, J-profiles, small hole, no recess, painted black all over, but
> oversprayed silver on the outside, only where the hubcap didn't cover.

Very cool.  I know very little about these 4 bolt cars, but I'll try to
stash that in my noggin.  Thanks for the breakdown!

The copy of Progressive Refinements I have doesn't go beyond 1968, so
the only documentation I could find on these changes was a listing for
the addition of the hump, which happened on 1967-04-26 (VIN 317 186 575)

Speaking of Progressive Refinements, does anyone know if there were
later versions of it?  1968 is the latest I've ever run across, but I
haven't really needed anything later, so I haven't actively looked.

Soren