[T3] I thought the car was ready...

Keith Park topnotch at nycap.rr.com
Tue Jun 12 17:59:47 PDT 2018

Nothing big, but coming home I noticed 35Psi fuel pressure, almost hit 40 at
the next startup,
this aint right!  had this problem with the last pressure regulator 20 years
ago.  I could adjust it down but
it took way too many turns, so I changed it out.
Then the pressure went way high, 50 or so with the key cycled a couple
times...
OH

Gotta remember to remove the vice grips from the return line!

Problem now is that it wont hold pressure when shut off.  I thought I might
have blown that nice little
backflow valve that Jim gave me as the pump didnt do that too well but I
replaced that and no difference,
drops to 0 rather quickly.  Car runs fine and the new regulator regulates
fine so Im all set for the trip
but what did I blow up in the pump or elsewhere that keeps it from holding
pressure?

Sounds like a dinner discussion :-)

this is why I have a pressure gauge on it, I would never have known I had a
problem!  It started a bit hard
and the low end was a bit laggy but until the next gas stop I wouldnt have
noticed anything

Pulling out in the Morning, I will have the FI connector inserts with me and
the Russ Wolfe fuel pump
diaphragm material, in case anyone is rebuilding a fuel pump.

Keith

Topnotch Restorations

topnotch at nycap.rr.com

http://www.topnotchresto.com <http://www.topnotchresto.com/>