[T3] Im Home!

David rdavid at rochester.rr.com
Tue Jun 19 18:54:45 PDT 2018

Yup - we made it home last night too with no issues. Hit some heavy rain in
New York State, which really did help cool things down for the last leg of
our journey. Just over 2200 miles round trip and it was almost stress free,
with the exception being Keith's distributor issue. That was a very
interesting experience seeing flames come outta both of the tailpipes, and
the accompanying black smoke was like someone punched their accelerator
pedal in a diesel truck! These are some pretty resilient engines to go
through a heart attack like that and in 10 minutes time come out like
nothing ever happened. Carry on - nothing to see here!

So many thanx to Peg and Marion for doing such a good job as Invasion hosts.
They had everything covered and then some. They even bought us all lunch on
Saturday which was above and beyond the call of duty. Like someone else had
said; you won't find a more pleasant and accommodating couple as the
McDonalds. And I know how much work and effort these Invasions are for Jill
and John Jaranson. They do a ton of work before, after, and during these
Invasions and we are all thankful they take on this responsibility, because
without their lead; these Invasions would not carry on.

This Alabama Invasion was our seventh Invasion we attended, and we too enjoy
seeing old friends and meeting new ones. And at every Invasion I always
learn a few new things and see some things I've never seen before with our
T3's. Gotta love that!

So yes, we will have to wait to get the news of where the next Invasion will
be and who our hosts will be. Already looking forward to the next one!

Dave Pallo

'72 Square ~ Elwood

Fairport, New York