[T3] type3-vwtype3.org Digest, Vol 92, Issue 15

Soren Jacobsen snj at blef.org
Wed May 23 20:52:12 PDT 2018

On 05/23 23:07, Keith Park wrote:
> My 71 has a sunroof, I havent had any problems with it and it doesnt leak,
> but dont park nose up in a heavy rain storm!  Car doesnt leak, thats
> important if you want it to last.

The drain point at the rear fenders is just silly.  It's way too high.
I got some plastic hose that fits the steel drain pipe and extended
the drain all the way down to the bottom of the fender.

Yeah, that tray at the rear sure holds a lot of water, doesn't it?
Probably less dramatic if your sunroof panel has a headliner, but
without one, that stuff dumps straight onto your head when you head
downhill or hit the brakes after the tray fills up.

Hills everywhere you look around here, so it's often tough to find a
nice flat place to park.

Soren