[T3] Chassis restoration: a horror story

Soren Jacobsen snj at blef.org
Sat Nov 3 21:03:19 PDT 2018

> On Nov 1, 2018, at 12:40 PM, Bobsnotch at aol.com wrote:
>
> Soren, I do have to ask why you just didn't use the 68 floor pan halves?
> Is it because you found a bunch of pin holes in them?

Yeah, the 68 pans were fine for use as a preexisting chassis, but not donor-worthy.  You could stand on them, but they were rotting away at a few places, and full of dents.  Someone must've done some off roading with that car, because it had some _huge_ dents.  The whole front half on the passenger side was smashed up.  And besides, at the time I thought the Klassic Fab pans were going to be a breeze ;)

> You project reminds me of when I was doing my 71 Notch (Krunchy). On that car I
> had to do floor pan halves, along with replacing the frame head.

I'm blown away by how much work you put into that car!  My hat goes off to you, sir.  I wish I had your skills and dedication.  At this point I wouldn't dare touch any kind of metalwork that has to be seen in the daylight!

Soren