[T3] type3-vwtype3.org Digest, Vol 97, Issue 7

Keith Park topnotch at nycap.rr.com
Fri Oct 12 17:38:51 PDT 2018

Jim is 100% correct, DONT mess up your virgin tranny, none of the shops will
ever build it like the factory did, I have a rebuild in the 71 now and its
noisy and stiff.  It takes alot of time and knowledge to get the trannies
right and few will do that.

I got 298K out of the original tranny in the 71, and I towed with that too!

as for limited slip trannies, the one in our 79 grand Prix was still doing
its job at 135Kmi, but as I remember they needed a special additive to the
hypoid oil, smelled like rancid piss.

Keith

Topnotch Restorations
topnotch at nycap.rr.com
http://www.topnotchresto.com
71 Squareback  "Hothe"
65 Notchback  "El Baja Rojo"
93 RX7  "Redstur"
95 Chrysler Cirrus Lxi "Cirfogsalot"
"hanging out at the tail end of the bell
curve, and loving every minute of it!"