[T3] 65 Brakes

Sean Bartnik sjbartnik at mac.com
Fri Oct 19 09:39:09 PDT 2018

The correct shoes for the ‘65 front can be hard to find. Often there is someone selling them on thesamba so you should check the classifieds there.

The brake shoes you want for the front are 311 609 237 F, they were only used from chassis number 221 975 to 315220883.

I think the greater challenge will be finding front wheel cylinders if you need them, or rebuild kits.

Those wheel cylinders should be 311 611 061 C for the left side (there are 2) and 311 611 062 C for the right. Assuming your chassis number falls somewhere in between 315000001 and 315220883.

-Sean