[T3] Hothe is looking better

Keith Park topnotch at nycap.rr.com
Fri Sep 14 20:43:52 PDT 2018

Took the 71 up on the highway with the 2056 yesterday,  the oil cooler kept
sump temps below 205,

and when I got off 25 miles later I had 16psi oil pressure at idle!  Right
where it should be!  what a difference

the right oil makes.

I did hear some detonation on a couple of hills on the way back, can
intermittant ignition cause that?

I was having an issue with the coil connection at the time.'

Tonight I rebuilt the distributor, it was in pretty good shape but now its
running WAY lean, has no power and wont idle.

I screwed something up but can imagine what...  moving the advance curve up
a smidge and trigger points timing up a few degrees

cant cause that could it?  Thats about all I changed with the distributor.

Have to noodle with it more at another time,  at the camp this weekend.

Keith

Topnotch Restorations

topnotch at nycap.rr.com

http://www.topnotchresto.com

71 Squareback  "Hothe"
65 Notchback  "El Baja Rojo"

93 RX7  "Redstur"

95 Chrysler Cirrus Lxi "Cirfogsalot"

"hanging out at the tail end of the bell

curve, and loving every minute of it!"