[T3] '67 Sqbk Fuel Flow

Jeff C knowonelse at gmail.com
Sat Sep 15 11:34:45 PDT 2018

Previous status - It would start but not sustain idle.

Suspecting fuel issues, I bypassed the vehicle fuel system and put a line
from the fuel pump inlet directly to a gas can on the ground.

It started and ran just fine like that. Fuel flow or fuel quality issue are
now suspects. I checked the recently replaced fuel filter and it was clear.
I opened the fuel gauge sensor and found the sock clean. I added new fuel
to the tank on suspicion that the fuel itself wasn't up to snuff. No change.

This means that there is an obstruction or something restricting fuel flow
between the tank and the engine. All hoses are new as of a couple of years
ago and look fine.

I know there has been discussion of replacing metal fuel line for FI cars,
how different is it for carb models?

Jeff '67 Sqbk stock
Nevada City CA