[T3] Fuel Primer Switch.....

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Thu Sep 27 22:14:34 PDT 2018

On 27 Sep 2018 at 20:35, Keith Park wrote:

> Yes, the pumps Jim rebuilt for me have bulletproof backflow valve, but the
> Teflon wouldnt seal as well, at least not initially,

Yes, the Teflon isn't as soft as the rubber it replaces, so I've
tried to be more careful in the fitting of the Teflon tip to its
seat. Some of these will seat right away, but I'm afraid that some of
them will take some time for the Teflon to cold flow to fit the seat
and seal perfectly.

Keep in mind that if you could find a 50 year old NOS Bosch Type 3
pump, the rubber tip in it would now be hard just from age. It would
have deformed over time to fit and seal against its seat, but it
would also be ready to break and fail, just as those in our cars are
doing.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org