[T3] 71 Squareback MT/FI - Upper Torsion Arm Thrust Ring

Wisconsin Spryers wispryers at gmail.com
Mon Sep 3 14:41:46 PDT 2018

> Keep in mind that you need a 90 deg dimple there. For that you need a
> metric countersink. I have one if you're coming down to Madison within the
> next week. After that, we're out of town for a month.

We don't have any planned trips to Madison in the near future. I
actually purchased a 90-degree metric countersink that worked. Thanks
for the offer.

*
> Hard or impossible to find. I might have a used one. Otherwise check with
ISP West.

ISP West had the thrust rings listed, but were out-of-stock. I
submitted a "wish list" request. I'm also following up on some
contacts on theSamba.com that Phil Hof had suggested.

*
> I think VW recommended a #3 grease, but I like a moly loaded grease and
> the only ones I've found are #2, which is a bit softer but seems to work okay.
> The main thing to keep in mind is to lube the 4 zerks with SOMETHING at
> least yearly.

Will do.

Thanks,

Richard Spryer