[T3] Transmisison fun

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Sat Sep 22 07:31:56 PDT 2018

On 21 Sep 2018 at 22:05, Soren Jacobsen wrote:

> That seems crazy to me when a couple bucks will get you a shouldered
> stud, but what do I know?

The shouldered stud would certainly take all the uncertainty out of
this, but I'd think that a slightly longer stud would be just as
effective.

Perhaps the problem is that it's hard for VW to be certain of the
depth of the threads in the 2 shafts. That won't matter if you use
the shouldered stud.

BTW, the shouldered stud probably costs 3x what the stud costs.
Still, it's minimal.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org