[T3] engine has to come out again!

Keith Park topnotch at nycap.rr.com
Mon Sep 24 20:06:47 PDT 2018

Ya know, I waited to put the rear tin on till I thought that the new engine
would be in there for a while,

so last Wed I put it on for the trip to PA, well...  got home and oil is
coming out of the bellhousing!

DRAT!

This 2056 is pushing me to the limit... Im really getting tired of pulling
it out all the time!

When I had it out for the end play, I put a new VIctor Reinz flywheel seal
in it, and now VIctor

is Raining oil out the bellhousing!

Doesnt smell like tranny oil, galley plugs were done when the case was done
and they better be

right after the last case I used in the first build was ruined by a moron
that put straight threads in it for the

galley plugs instead of NPT, so I think they are all right in this case .

Sigh!

Had a seal quit in the Notch once too, with low miles on it.

Really dont have time to pull it now, were running out of weather....  maybe
in the spring, Isnt dripping

so bad I cant drive it, Clutch seems OK so far.  What could have happened to
that new seal?

Need to concentrate on the tuning now, its running morbidly rich with very
slight throttle, but good

mixture once the throttle opens a little more.  Seems smooth...  although
the bucking problem is still there.

Hmmm...  bucks on decel thru 1800 and 1200...  with closed throttle that
would almost HAVE to be

the advance in the dist, and Bob had suggested that, but the distributor is
nice and tight and smooth...

Hmmmm.....

KEith

Topnotch Restorations

topnotch at nycap.rr.com

http://www.topnotchresto.com

71 Squareback  "Hothe"
65 Notchback  "El Baja Rojo"

93 RX7  "Redstur"

95 Chrysler Cirrus Lxi "Cirfogsalot"

"hanging out at the tail end of the bell

curve, and loving every minute of it!"