[T3] Exhaust to head gaskets?

William Jahn willjahn975 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 18 10:58:01 PDT 2019

The reason I asked is I was searching for a better material to run the fan
outlets to the heat Exchanger flange which is not very tall since I don't
have a stock muffler and came across this page on this site.

http://vwparts.aircooled.net/category-s/731.htm
If you look at the gaskets on this page they have these N90131602   and
these
<http://vwparts.aircooled.net/Exhaust-Flange-Gasket-Waterboxer-Engines-N90131602-p/n90131602.htm>111-251-261B

<http://vwparts.aircooled.net/Exhaust-Flange-Gasket-40hp-1600cc-111-251-261B-p/111-251-261b.htm>
$ 2.59 or 80 cents I don't see any difference. I've never seen an exhaust
gasket blow out and always used the original style which is the 80 cent
part. They also have aluminum Flex hose with the proper ID.  They seem to
have all sorts of special nuts and bolts to make exhaust or carb gaskets
easier to use like the 12 point nuts. More of an extreme VW enthusiast
site. Not a put down.

 I got the flexible aluminum tube kit from ISP yet they are much larger ID
and bunch up around the clamps yet did get better stuff from Air Craft
Spuce which I haven't installed and have been sitting here since 2009 .