[T3] Diagnosis help for a badly running 1971 VW 411

Jens Vagelpohl jens at type4.org
Sun Aug 11 19:06:58 PDT 2019

Thanks Keith and Phil,

The fact that the situation is uniformly bad across all RPM levels does make me think it’s an issue with a component that influences the whole operating range, such as the MPS - or, as Phil says, a vacuum leak on the way to the MPS.

Since I am about 900 miles away I’ll take all the help I get here and my own reading of the FI guides and write up a set troubleshooting steps for the current owner. He’s proficient with working on cars so I am confident he can use it.

Any and all ideas appreciated!

jens