[T3] Black square drag racing

Dennis Stiefel dad23boys at live.com
Sun Aug 11 18:37:34 PDT 2019

Sent from my iPhone

> On Aug 11, 2019, at 5:34 PM, B Fye <vwfye311 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Well, interesting day. The bone stock 71 squareback, sans carbs vs FI, made
> 4 passes and drove back on the trailer.
>
> 1st two passes were across from a full on race car.  No tach and couldnt
> hear my car... 15.966 @ 42.32mph.  I thought my engine had lost a few
> ponies vs new.
> Last two passes were a 14.907 and a 14.867 and 44.98 and 44.57 mph.  I got
> into the 14s and just missed the 45mph i was hoping for.
> The racer was over 90mph in the same distance. Hahaha
I haven’t raced Clementine at the drag strip since I was 18.  Back then she wasn’t running the stock FI engine like now. I had a 1641 with a progressive Webber 009 distributor headers mild street cam.  I would run low 13s or high 12s if I done my speed shifting right lol. I don’t remember what the speed was since it was nearly 35 years ago. Would have no clue what she would run now since I drive like a grandfather. Come to think of it I am a grandfather lol.

Dennis Stiefel
72 Fastback FI MT
Rainsville AL