[T3] '73 Idle Test

William Jahn willjahn975 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 25 19:40:02 PDT 2019

Jim :
I don't mind saying I'm a bit confused in the difference how your 73 acts
and mine. In mid 90's to early 2000 when driving to work it used to get in
the low 60's and I never experienced what you do, before or after
rebuilding the engine. It didn't matter what the ambient temps were it
always started and ran the same.

 You mention fuel pressure I used to always set mine @ 28 PSI and can't
recall when I raised it to 30, maybe 6 years ago. I've read about engine
wear changing the vacuum signature thus changing the way the MPS reacts.
I've read all sorts of things and read any info I can find on D-Jet and how
it operates.

 The one thing I can't do is monitor the TS2 while the engines running. I
did monitor TS1 and it appears to have no issues engine running vibration
included it reads what all the charts and graphs state and is never open or
internally shorted to ground. Couldn't find any wiring issues from each
component to the ECU plug and no short to ground there either.

 I wonder if it's at all possible for the TS2 to offer ohm readings yet be
off enough as mine is at the same temp reading 800 ohms lower and this I
could feel and if it's also possible for it to have a faulty middle range
where it's not open yet much lower than would be desired so it just leans
out at one point and stays there. You can test this yet not if any sort of
vibration affects it or if just one test in heated water or oil will always
be the same and with repeatable results.