[T3] 73 T-3 SB wipers?

William Jahn willjahn975 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 15:52:46 PST 2019

I was able to get the wiper arms off , just used an old hair dryer and heated up the arms. I could see grease still in the form of grease on both shaft bearings. What I did notice was on both  sides the nut and washer that secure the wipers assembly to the body were real loose and the grommet type seals were rock hard . I have no idea how they became so loose . I just cleaned both shafts up , added a drop of oil to each shaft and snugged both the large nuts so the bushings were not loose . Seems I need new grommet seals since one is cracked I just placed black silicone in the cracks . I know they sell seals yet don’t know if it’s possible to replace them without at least lowering the wiper assembly enough to get them past the body opening. The motor runs and parks yet if I place the blades up off the glass and run the motor I do hear the motor only with the engine off , it sounds like a motor with an even sound and no grinding seems normal to me.

 Any suggestions?

William

Sent from Mail for Windows 10