[T3] 73 T-3 SB wiper arm removal ?

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Tue Feb 5 14:58:23 PST 2019

Sounds like you're doing the right thing: Remove the nuts. Lift the
arms until they are at right angles to the glass, then use the arm as
a lever to rock the hub back and forth until it comes loose.

Getting some fresh lube in there is a good thing to do. I don't think
you'll get any grease in, but some heavy oil would be useful. Don't do
WD-40, or anything like that, because it will just wash away whatever
is still in there, and then evaporate. You'll need to be patient while
a heavy oil soaks in. It might help to let the motor run while you're
doing this.

When you're done, snug is right. Don't overdo it.

	-

	Jim Adney

	Madison, Wisconsin, USA