[T3] Frozen Driver's Seat

J. Jonik j_jonik at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 28 10:36:32 PST 2019

'71 Squareback...driver's seat will not budge forward or backward.  I've used heavy hammers, and a hydrolic jack pushing against rigged up support wood slabs...and sprayed Liquid Wrench all over the place.   No luck.  It's about rust, and many years of not being moved.  I won't be able to sell the car to anyone taller, or shorter, than me.

Trouble is that, because of the arrangement of the skids, with the seat part curving over the floor-mounted track, the Liquid Wrench cannot penetrate.  Liquid can't go up-hill.  If I turned the car upside-down it would work.  The locking mechanism works.

Any advice?