[T3] Too used to Squarebacks

J. Jonik j_jonik at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 22 15:48:24 PST 2019

A few more comments/complaints about New Cars...which apparently arise because of so many years driving nothing but nice, practical, fixable, sensible T-IIIs.
-  What's with new cars with "shark fin" antennas in middle rear of the roof?  How do you toss some mattresses etc. on top in a pinch, without removing the antenna?-  And those wind spoiler things seem like clutter and designer excess...and maybe make snow removal more difficult.  If cars weren't all so big, maybe there'd be no need for whatever fuel efficiency they may provide.-  With no "rain gutters" on both sides of the roof, one has to open the windows, or run straps through top of doors, to attach some roof rack...if one isn't already there, useless for maybe 98% of the time.    My roof rack clamps easily onto those gutters.-  Built on roof-racks make it difficult to brush snow off car roofs.-  What's with all the sun roofs?  One more thing to tend to, leak, break, or fix.-  Side rear view mirrors stick out pretty far (for "safety", I'll bet)...and, if knocked off, probably involve big expense to pay a shop to repair.