[T3] Transmission differences

bobsnotch at aol.com bobsnotch at aol.com
Thu Jan 17 12:47:10 PST 2019

The nose cone is different, as is the hockey stick. You can swap
the t-3 parts on to it (use a new gasket though). Russ said it won't
work, but I've found it will, as that's basically what I have in my 65
Notch. I've actually got a 73 super bug trans with a 70 t-3 nose cone
and hockey stick in it.

 Yes, the 74 T1 should have a final drive gearing of 3.88:1, versus the
4.12:1 of the 72 t-3 trans.
I hope this helps.
Bob