[T3] 73 type 3 FI ignition condenser ?

William Jahn willjahn975 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 17 15:51:48 PDT 2019

Jim , I found an old set of Bosch points only they are pitted . I compared them to the new Bosch and the new ones are complete garbage . The spring tension is far to much , the pivot has a lot of slop and the notch used to set the gap is close . Also the arm that secures the spring to the main housing is far from parallel to the base.

 Perhaps some sets are just made really bad , I wouldn’t use these. Even the rubbing block is not square with the arm which will cause it to wear on one edge or pull the contacts out of alignment since there is so much slop in the pivot , even the base where it sits on the dist plate is not flat.

 All I can find are the Delco Remy and the ones Napa sells which both look better as far as the on-line photo’s are concerned.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10