[T3] 3. Re: Fuel leak on type 3 F.I. Fastback

Gary Forsmo gbforsmo at gmail.com
Thu Nov 7 09:39:09 PST 2019

So, Jim ...

Probably 40 or 45 years ago, my original 1969 Squareback steel fuel line,
that is under the carpet behind the drivers seat & runs along the
tunnel,"rusted through" from the outside, inward.

We had young children then, I suspect the snow and salty winter boots
"rusted" that fuel line.

I cut out the affected fuel line and "pieced in" a ~foot-long section with
brass compression fittings.

Probably not exactly the right way to do it   But that section of steel
fuel line & fittings are still functioning with no leaks or gas smell in
the passengr compartment.
----------
BTW,
1.)  Where do I go to get a Type 3 Owner's Permit?
2.)  Are they issued by the DOT in each state?
3.)  Another annual expense?
4.)  How much do they cost? (Just another way to tax us people who drive
46- to 58-year-old cars.)
-------
It appears that you're home again from your annual "western road trip".
And in good humor & well rested.  ;-)

--
Gary "Frito" - '69 Squareback, FI, MT, One-owner
Rockport, TX (winter)