[T3] Stock 32-pdsit issues

Jeff C knowonelse at gmail.com
Thu Nov 7 13:53:07 PST 2019

Check that the adjustable rod between the bottom of the carb and the top
hasn't come loose and messing with things.
Those nuts should be tight on both sides of what they tighten to.
Check that when at idle, the idle adjustment screw actually touches the
piece of metal.
If it doesn't check to see if rod is mis-adjusted at the top, it can affect
the bottom end.
Check the internals of the choke mechanism to see if something in there is
restricting the movement of that rod.
Where the electrostatic guts of the choke move the butterfly is important
and if that is not installed correctly, it can hamper the movement of the
choke and that adjustable rod.
Check the fuel pump pressure. It shouldn't have changed, but one
possibility.
It should be around 3 psi, 6 would be too much.

In getting carbs and jets sorted out for my '67, I found out that the jets
are supposed to be different between the right and left carbs, depending on
which air cleaner is being used. One version the jets are the same,
another, they are different.

Jeff '67 Squareback