[T3] my long term issue have to unplug TS1 for a smooth idle.

William Jahn willjahn975 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 1 11:03:22 PDT 2019

I'm not sure, I would imagine air temp would affect how open or closed the
valve is. From what I recall you can't see the entire slot through the IAD
port end. The slot is about 1/8" wide and it's deeper at one end then
shallow at the other like a ramp. When cold you see the deeper area as it
heats up it rotates to the shallow end , once the shallow end is just out
of sight the valve is fully closed. If I recall the slot is only open at
the shallow end to the oil bath port since the valve in hollow . The slot
starts out deep and as it rotates closed since the slot bottom is a ramp
less and less air gets through until the most shallow end open to the oil
bath port passes out of sight then the valve is closed. What I saw at 80*F
was the deep end of the slot was just at the edge of the inlet so full open
. You can't get the flat wound thermal spring on wrong because the valve
stem is slotted to fit the inner most part of the spring the a hole in the
slotted shaft for the screw and spring for the +/- adjustment the hole is
slotted . Over years of heating and cooling cycles I imagine the spring
changes I just adjusted to the far end of the slot so it would close sooner
it's marked with a red dot center on screw factory calibration.