[T3] On my 73 square

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Fri Sep 13 11:47:55 PDT 2019

On 13 Sep 2019 at 10:04, William Jahn wrote:

>  What is the center conductor ?

That's the copper strands in the middle. It's the only conductor in the wire,
but the body and crimp form an outside conductor.

> I only see a thin red wire when all the black  plastic covering is removed

It's red on some, black on some. I think black was the original version, but it
makes no functional difference.

> In another post you said there is a spring on each end of the
> thermister / small puck was your term.

Probably more like a spring on one end and pushed against the body on the
other end.

> My point is is I were to short the lead anywhere from the connector to
> the crimp to ground then this is a short to ground . You said from the
> connector to the crimp should read say 1.8K ohm .

Yes, this was in response to your post that said that you measured an open
circuit between the connector and the crimp.

> Or is the puck or thermistor in contact with the crimp at one end via a
> small spring and also contacts the body via a spring at the other end?

Yes, wire to small spring, to thermistor puck, to body. IIRC, the thermistor is
a small cylinder, maybe 3/16" dia and 3/16" long.

>  I already tightened all the injector connectors and all the other ones the
> TPS and MPS and trigger points. None of this made any difference.

Okay, good.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org