[T3] Two Tests

William Jahn willjahn975 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 22 16:14:36 PDT 2019

 After I cleaned the PCV I checked with a hose and tried to blow through
both ends and could not so it seems to be seating well , didn't want so
draw in the cleaner so i just tired to blow through it. I'm sure the vacuum
is much stronger. I tried running it with the hose  plugged to the IAD yet
nothing changed with the idle with TS1 connected.

 I'm still confused on the PCV operation. In the link I posted when at idle
the vacuum is highest so the disc in the valve is seated on the intake side
/vacuum side so the disc is seated and the three metering slots permit a
regulated flow  of gasses through the valve. There is no way the see the
metering slots . I see the disc it pulled down all the way at idle should I
assume the vacuum I feel if I place my finger over the valve installed with
just the breathers plastic cap off  is through the metering slots? This
valve is the same part number T-3's used. After I cleaned it the vacuum I
felt was not quite as strong yet still existed.