[T3] 2056 engine update

Keith Park topnotch at nycap.rr.com
Fri Aug 7 16:38:24 PDT 2020

Well the cylinders are back from the shop and they came out nice, got the
rings fitted and will re-use the old KB2323's as there was nothing wrong
with them.

Got the cam bearings fitted, it took quite some fitting of the extra 993
thrust shell as it was too tight, but its in  now and all torqued up the cam
is smooth with only

.002 end play this time.  My spare crank didn't need turning, just a polish
which is nice and opens me up to a better grade of new bearings. Will pick
that up next week

And fit the new bearings to the case.

SO.how do you check the bearings with a bore gauge and not damage them? That
bore gauge puts some decent pressure on things and the bearings are mighty
soft.

Ideas?