[T3] Bosch plug wire question on coil wire .

Soren Jacobsen snj at blef.org
Wed Jan 1 12:53:00 PST 2020

On 12/31 15:55, Jim Adney wrote:
> Now that you mention it, I believe I've seen quite a few single wire
> holders in white as late as '68 or later. I have to admit that this
> never rose to any significant level of my consciousness. When you say
> early cars, how early do you need to go to get white double wire
> holders?

I can only say for sure that the white doubles were around as late as
1965.  I recently threw out some _very_ rusty head tin from a 1969
Squareback, and it had a white wire holder on it, so yeah, the singles
may have stayed white longer than the doubles.

If anyone needs a couple of the singles, I've got some NOS ones.

> Even the double holders in black have been hard to find for many
> years. VW started selling only the triple holders decades ago. Even
> those are probably NLA now.

I'm not surprised to hear VW discontinued them after all these years,
but it looks like there are some supposedly "OE quality" reproductions
out there if folks are desperate.

Soren