[T3] Oil cooler seals.

William Jahn willjahn975 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 12:07:33 PDT 2020

 I've seen oil drops for quite a while now. I thought it was the oil cooler
and I did feel something in that area is leaking a bit.  Fixed the oil
sump, no leak there. I drove today about 10 miles. Got home to see if the
sump plate was still dry, it was . While I watched for a minute or so I saw
two small drips dead center front of the engine where it meets the auto
trans diff bell housing.

Sounds like the rear main seal. I have to live with it. No way I can deal
with pulling the engine which if I did I would leave the trans/diff in
place. Plus as some know the flex plate has to come off and the issue is I
don't have a torque wrench capable of tightening that to the proper spec
and being a flex plate it's very difficult to secure the engine to do this.

Yet it being a 73 with all the FI wiring horror which earlier FI didn't
have everywhere. I'll live with it and keep an eye on it. I'd rather deal
with oil cooler seals.

 Wish there was something to pour in to seal it yet that's not a very good
idea and only a butcher would do this.

William