[T3] Keith's T4 Charging Dilemma

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Wed Jun 3 05:22:59 PDT 2020

On 3 Jun 2020 at 1:27, bobsnotch at aol.com wrote:

> we've never checked Rob's, but his VR is mounted on the inside wall of
> the cooling duct, as the wiring harness (411-412) limits where you can
> go with it.

I like that solution. Sounds like his is in the stream of the intake cooling air,
away from the engine heat, which sounds pretty good. The battery is likely to
be at a similar temp, so this seems like a pretty good solution unless you
want to make a new harness or extend the old one.

It really wouldn't be that much trouble to extend the harness, or connect it to
the old type 3 one and mount the VR under the back seat, which would be
the best place for it.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org