[T3] I know this is simple for some not me . ZDDP ?

William Jahn willjahn975 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 10:08:00 PDT 2020

I have both Valvoline VR1 SAE 40 and Valvoline conventional SAE 40 .
 did call Valvoline a while back and was told the VR1 does have detergents
in it and could be mixed with the SAE 40 conventional since my
understanding is the VR1 has less detergent in the mix, even though I was
told they were both equal yet I have no way of knowing this.

 The Valvoline conventional has 760 PPM Zine and is close to this in
Phosphorus. Yet it has a higher detergent content. VR1 their oil based
racing oil  has 1400PPM zinc and even though Valvoline said the VR1 has
detergent it's not as much.

 Do I need that much zinc? Also I  was told by Valvoline I could mix the
two to get the higher detergent . Then I chatted  a few days ago and was
told they would not recommend mixing . Set an email asking the same
question and all they said was the VR1 wasa great choice for older air
cooled VW's and said the VR1 has a high detergent package.

 When I don't get consistent answers I don't feel I'm getting the truth.
There was also a post here somewhere about too much zinc yet I can't find
it.