[T3] Fuel tank vent?

john john at carartbyjohn.com
Tue Jun 23 10:38:13 PDT 2020

-------- Original message --------From: Max Welton <max.welton.2k at gmail.com> Date: 6/23/20  1:01 PM  (GMT-05:00) To: type3 at vwtype3.org Subject: [T3] Fuel tank vent? I feel like I should know this. How is the fuel tank vent plumbed in a 1967type-3?*************************Max,The vent leaves the rear top of the tank. There is a short piece of flexible hose (3" or so) that connects to a hard pipe that routes up the front side of the firewall, across to the passenger side of the frunk, runs forward under the seal flange, and then ends pointing downward in the spare tire well.  From there, another short (12" or so) piece of flexible hose routes through an access hole in the rear vertical wall of the spare tire well and out to the underside of the car.I have a couple of pictures I can PM you if that would help