[T3] Need "hanger plate/bar bracket" L and R side for 1968 swingaxle notchback

Dave Hall dave at hallvw.clara.co.uk
Tue Mar 10 05:39:41 PDT 2020

I have known them break, but it was under extreme conditions when a motor
industry research organisation in the UK tested a 1969 Auto Fastback.  The
pavé test proved too much for the hanger and it cracked across the centre
after a few hundred miles of tooth-shattering driving.  I think I gave CDs
of the test report to Jim and John.  It's a very comprehensive report
involving a complete strip-down of the car, weights for all the components
etc, chassis stiffness tests, performance figures etc.

Dave,
UK VW Type 3&4 Club.