[T3] Diesel Oil, Flat Tappets & Gas Engines

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Thu May 7 19:22:05 PDT 2020

On 7 May 2020 at 14:25, William Jahn wrote:

> I never heard to much zinc would cause more wear , have heard about cat
> converters being ruined . I have read less zinc is ok for a broken in
> engine.

I never heard this either. I assumed that ALL ZDDP had been removed from
the modern oils, but that was probably just an assumption on my part.

>  I don't know about 99 Cadillac's yet seems to me whether the cap is
> plastic or metal a crack will not make the brakes spongy all it might do
> is  drip brake fluid out yet not enough to cause what they describe.

I completely agree, unless the broken seal had allowed half of the reservoir
to spill out. that might lead to air getting in that half, making the pedal
mushy. But he didn't mention anything about replacing fluid or a wet MC.
Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org