[T3] Charlie Tupper Message to Jim Adney (rich FI)

Phil Hof phil.hof at ostronic.org
Wed May 20 13:55:33 PDT 2020

Another potential cause for FI richness is a stuck cold start valve.  If it’s leaking when it should be shut it can add gas but not cause uneven running like one cylinder’s injector would.  It should only operate when really cold (varies between 10 and 32F) and also ONLY while cranking.  A misplaced wire on the starter solenoid can make it open all the time so double check that wiring, too.  You probably don’t need it, and could block off the gas line and electrical connector, and never have to worry about that problem.
-Phil