[T3] : Re: 73 Type 3 Ignition Switch

Gary Forsmo gbforsmo at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 16:44:09 PDT 2020

Jim said:

"Depending on which primer switch you have, and how it is wired, you may be
able to prime the fuel system with the key either ON or OFF. I recommend
ON."

Jim added his 3-position Fuel Pump Switch to my one-owner '69 Square a
couple of years ago.
We never discussed Ignition Switch ON or OFF.  So I've always "primed" the
fuel ring WITHOUT turning the Ignition Switch key to the RUN position.

Jim, will you further explain/expand on WHY you ..... "recommend (Ignition
Switch) ON?" while running the Fuel Pump for clearing the air out of the
fuel lines?

--
Gary "Frito" - '69 Squareback, FI, MT, One-owner
Rockport, TX (winter)