[T3] New brake line help

Max Welton max.welton.2k at gmail.com
Sun Sep 27 18:22:42 PDT 2020

> He probably lost it because it was toast. Perhaps ISP got you one that's
> right, but the ones commonly available for Beetles are a couple inches too
> short for us. I make them myself, from the newish CuNi allow that won't rust,
> and in the right length for Type 3s.

Alex sent me one labelled 211 611 741 K.  Looks about the right length
given the bends I'll need to hit the port on the MC. I'll try it.

The opening forward of the pedal cluster was covered / closed when the
pan was done. What would that have looked like?

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/gallery/pix/2093584.jpg

> VW used different styles of grommets every few years. I have some of them,
> but you'd have to tell me what you need. I can't tell for you. Depends on the
> size of the hole you're going thru.

The hole up front is about 15mm and in the rear I see a 20mm on the
inside and another 15mm on the outside. Sound like something you have
grommets for? That would be handy.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/gallery/pix/2093582.jpg

Max