[T3] Door question

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Mon Apr 19 14:46:12 PDT 2021

On 19 Apr 2021 at 15:33, Max Welton wrote:

> My 67 fasty has doors with the 68+ style handles. I haven't been able
> to find any pictures of 67s with later doors.
>
> Any chance these are original doors anyhow?

No, the parts book shows those doors starting at 318 000 001. Someone
must have replaced them, just to "update" the car. Just a guess, but I'm
betting the door and ignition locks take different keys, too. I'm pretty sure
they would have all matched with the car was new.

BTW, the photo Aiden posted is correct for the heat flap. I MIGHT be able to
find one, possibly two. The hinge is plastic, so they survive, but IIRC, the
flap and clip are steel, so they tend to rust. If you had the hinge, you could
probably fabricate something.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org